2007-01-31

Kind of people you can meet in a traineeship in the EU

Before arriving in Luxembourg for my traineeship in the European Parliament, I wondered what kind of mates I would meet. Perhaps this post can help you to get an idea of what kind of people you would probably meet during a traineeship in the European Institutions.
In this post I will just talk about my office mates (Milena, Sylvia and Kajus). Of course, there are a lot more, specially Bianca (end your post about Polyglotte Club : )
Well, let's start by the beginning. Before arriving, I have to admit that I preferred to be alone in an office (you know, it's better to be alone, I will work harder, and that kind of nonsenses). When I knew I was going to share my office with other three stagiaires, I thought it was no good. How wrong I was! Just after arriving, I had a good welcome. Imagine, the first thing I saw before entering the office was this:




And it's quite well done! I don't know how they knew my look even before I came! : )

Two of my three mates, Milena and Kai, were already there when I arrived and they gave me some presents (like post-it, postcards from the EP, a badge-holder, etc). They were very nice (even if Kai enjoyed getting Milena out of her nerves : )
Anyway, some other times they enjoyed together working very hard, as you can see...


But Milena was the one who worked the hardest...


Some days later I met Sylvia. She joined soon the rest in the hard working rythm...


Sylvia is a brasilian hurricane. She talks all the time and about everything (I don't know how she managed to work at the same time, but she did!).


She put a brasilian flag in her desktop, and some brasilian posters on the wall. She is proud of her country. We all are now invited to Brasil!!! And we'll go there for carnivals, for sure !! : )

Concerning Milena, from Bulgaria, she was very competent, high level of English. Also very funny (specially when Kai drove her mad). And that even if she had a lot of problems with her f***ing landlord (landlady, as a remember, blame on her!). Milena was always ready to help!! Unfortunately she left us very soon (she didn't die, just came back to Bulgary : ), but we had time enough to make some party-photos with her!!


And Kajus, the very best at computers!! I learnt a lot of things from him. Always ready to help, he even organised training for stagiaires!!!! He teached them how to use Power Point and I learnt how to use Visual Basic in combination with Excel. Great!!! Kajus was always ready for party, as you can see in the photos. Sylvia and him made a terrible team.


Well, now I'm alone (they all finished before Christmas) but I think I will meet them again. Who knows when? Who knows where? I keep a very good memory of my office mates.

Ok, now you know what kind of people can you meet in a traineeship in the European Institutions: the best people!!

2 comments:

Kajus said...

Wow, a wonderful post that summarizes our time in a great way!

"...but I think I will meet them again. Who knows when? Who knows where? I keep a very good memory of my office mates."

When & Where -> Berlin is open for all of you! You are always welcome for at least bed and breakfast!

Greetings to all former 03B015-people!

Anonymous said...

OK, Kai!!!!!

We will all together organise something in Berlin!!!!
Super!!!